I spoke with a friend of mine today who complained on how she thought Bing interrupted her user experience while being on Yahoo. She consulted me since I am considered the tech guru. Thus, I wonder if you have heard similar complaints. What are your thoughts?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I still think that it is a little too early to tell. Once the people who are adamant that there experience does not change because it is what they are used to stop complaining (not that anyone is really listening), the people who will be the power users will come to the fore and be the ones that the Yahoo/Bing people will take notice of.

I have trouble with Yahoo mail, regardless of which SE I use. The same thing happens when I use FireFox. It's incredibly annoying, been going on for the past few months.

I have trouble with Yahoo mail, regardless of which SE I use. The same thing happens when I use FireFox. It's incredibly annoying, been going on for the past few months.

Of all the webmail services, Yahoo seems to be the least reliable. I have been using Gmail for a few years now and not only has it been trouble free but if you are using adwords or blogger or google reader you can use the same user name and password for all. Also, Gmail works nicely in FireFox. Keep up to date with the firefox updates and you will find the experience gets better.

Of all the webmail services, Yahoo seems to be the least reliable. I have been using Gmail for a few years now and not only has it been trouble free but if you are using adwords or blogger or google reader you can use the same user name and password for all. Also, Gmail works nicely in FireFox. Keep up to date with the firefox updates and you will find the experience gets better.

Thank-you! I have a Gmail account but never use it. If it's that reliable, I think that I'll switch. I wonder if Yahoo has a 'forwarding' option. Going to check that out.

Thanks, again!

With the exception of the 2 hour GMAIL server is down the other day, GMAIL is very reliable and sometimes I find that I get the GMAIL in my blackberry faster than on my desktop.

What is really nice about Gmail is that if you use any of there other offerings (reader, calendar, blogger, adwords, etc), one single username/password combination takes care of it all. While I am not a big fan of the Google domination in search-engines (too much power with one SE tends to make them arrogant in how they deal with people), they have hit a home run with Gmail and all of the other services tied to it.

I agree with you Marketing Rob. Until Yahoo/Bing beef up their web based productivity suite like Google did, Google will be king. Thus, Google have the advantage in regards to market share.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.