What are your success story in regards in growing your business using YouTube? Did you create a channel? I know it helps increase reach but did it help increase the type of visitors you wanted?

Recommended Answers

All 25 Replies

Thinking to create our channel there to produce few interactive content. :)

I have seen some users easily create very beautiful channels on YouTube. It has definitely helped strengthen their media presence online.

The content you are going to create should be interesting and interactive so you may need to develop in-house interactive marketing team or hire a professional video makers.

In the case of one of my clients I had to go to youtube to post up video provided by the manufacturer of the main product they sell. My client's website is built with a CMS that is not very flexible in terms of multimedia and the owner does not want to invest much into the website technology (zero is his budget for the website). Being able to customize the channel has helped and when we redirect site visitors to the YouTube channel we have seen some pleasant results.

I am working on a single promotional video as we speak for my main site, though it takes time, because it's pure Animation. I have a couple ideas for other videos but it's difficult because I don't necessary want my own face broadcasted all over the web.

I really want to get into it, but I'm a little green. Does anyone know of good places to get information about it?

I am working on a single promotional video as we speak for my main site, though it takes time, because it's pure Animation. I have a couple ideas for other videos but it's difficult because I don't necessary want my own face broadcasted all over the web.

I really want to get into it, but I'm a little green. Does anyone know of good places to get information about it?

When you say pure animation are you talking about Flash?

Also, if your business is one that does not require your face to promote it or to show the capabilities and products, your voice is all that is necessary. I have a client who has created a promotional video for their latest product, a tech solution targeted at large health care facilities, and the product and some of their clients are the stars. Neither the faces or voices of the any of the business employees appear. Additionally, Microsoft and some other software companies create promotional videos that show the software in use and some clients.

If you can do this with your offering it might help you to get the video up quicker as you will be able to avoid an all animation offering.

There is one thing people to consider when creating videos. Best types of videos that convert should have your face on it. What matters most is not sales pitch but how it is pitched becomes very important. There are a couple of things to take into consideration if you do really want to acquire the type of traffic that every business needs. While your face should appear on the video, your body language becomes a powerful tool and much more.
There is a reason why some videos just get lost or simple having a few clicks while in youtube.
I can offer marketing video production consultation on a 1-2-1 basis to individuals and businesses that want to explode their traffic and skyrocket sales.

There is one thing people to consider when creating videos. Best types of videos that convert should have your face on it. What matters most is not sales pitch but how it is pitched becomes very important. There are a couple of things to take into consideration if you do really want to acquire the type of traffic that every business needs. While your face should appear on the video, your body language becomes a powerful tool and much more.
There is a reason why some videos just get lost or simple having a few clicks while in youtube.
I can offer marketing video production consultation on a 1-2-1 basis to individuals and businesses that want to explode their traffic and skyrocket sales.

Two points.

First, there are plenty of promotional videos that are very successful and do not have a company rep in them. And some of the ones that do have company rep's in them come off like Ron Popeill infomercials.

Second, DaniWeb has a business exchange where you can make offers of your services. While your offer was very low key it could get you in trouble with the moderators. Be careful.

Since i have started my business, i have never use youtube to promote my business, because it does not available in my environment. Also client does not used to it, and it very risky to use what the client does not have the idea of it.

Trial and error... but from experience if the video adds value to customers then put in the keywords and traffic starts coming in.

Value = Creative and fulfills customers needs

Work on creating something that goes viral. Start off with strong marketing in the beginning to get your video count up. Your goal should be on the 'top weekly views' sections

the channel has helped and when we redirect site visitors to the YouTube channel we have seen some pleasant results.
SNIP

Yeah. I did,which provides my product more exposure on net. submit your video on more video book marking sites.

I have never tried but I tell not to do video just because you think everyone is doing video -- it has to make sense with your product or service. Some things lend themselves to visuals, others don't.

Yes,Its better to promote your business using 1 or more videos who upload at youtube.

Its seems to be very interesting and great to work on You tube.. How can i create a good visibility on your tube? I mean if i want to promote website then how can i? Thanks in advance!

Hello,i have never use you-tube to promote my business.

snip

You can start by creating short informative videos on the product or services your site sells.Use original and informative content and you will yourself see the results

you can make viral videos so catching that people would visit the site you indicated. or make a series like videos that will help people, increase your popularity and make you a credible figure who can influence people into buying your product

To make Youtube work for your business you have to use all available options, and commenting is the next best thing you can do after uploading your videos.

i never use youtobe for promotion. Do you think it's good for promote business on Internet.what's the advantages and weaknesses.

I have to create video tutorials for my site. I have a free web-based platform for users to drag-drop design their own flash and HTML5-friendly ads, so visuals really help. I uploaded a series of clips (1-2 minutes) for various tasks, and then created a playlist within a branded Channel.

I made sure to tag my playlist to attract those users who may be search for how-to videos on YouTube. So far, I haven't really promoted it except to my current install base of customers -- I refer them to the YouTube channel.

You can see it here: SNIP

i saw others, and I think this is a plus sign on promoting a niche. lots of people nowadays are using youtube in every way.

well.. i started when i get into this business but could not give it so much attention... yet still i believe it works great in its way... i'll continue it sooner or later

Yes, I've used you tube, but I think you have to be very clever with your pitch, you have to create a viral video that gets lots of attention. If you just put your site on youtube you won't get much action or traffic. It's the videos that sell.

I think Youtube can be a great business promotion tool, as companies and individuals are increasingly using it to promote products or for research purposes. If think that Youtube is too risky for your business as your clients do not use it. Do some research and find out how your competitors use it, you can always pick up a few ideas from them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.