Read this blog about 6 frustrating website sins and think about your own site. Do you commit any of these sins and if so do you think they are as frustrating to your site visitors as the author of the blog finds them?

http://seowizardry.ca/The_Wizards_Blog/frustrating-web-design-elements/

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Textual Content

The web page’s text must be highly scan-able. Facing a big block text doesn’t just frustrate me it also has the “Oh no I have t read all that?” feeling. So no surprise, I up and go to the next site to see what they have to scan. If I like what I scan, then is the time to read.

The fix for textual content development is not an easy fix, the solution covers numerous issues, most of which are covered in many of Seo Wizardry’s Blog Posts.

I can't get this point, how can it be calles a SIN?

Textual Content

The web page’s text must be highly scan-able. Facing a big block text doesn’t just frustrate me it also has the “Oh no I have t read all that?” feeling. So no surprise, I up and go to the next site to see what they have to scan. If I like what I scan, then is the time to read.

The fix for textual content development is not an easy fix, the solution covers numerous issues, most of which are covered in many of Seo Wizardry’s Blog Posts.

I can't get this point, how can it be calles a SIN?

As with beauty, a website sin is in the eye of the beholder. To be honest, I think all of these are reasons to avoid a website and the original author's intent was probably to use these six examples to spur website designers and web content writers to think in terms of the user experience. During one of the session at InternetWeekNY earlier this year the idea was floated that web marketers, being the people who are responsible for the concept behind the look and feel of a site, should constantly work with the site designers/programmers to ensure that while SEO is being addressed it is not at the sacrifice of user experience. It is nice to have a site that had a high PR and is in the top 10 sites for your keywords but if the site visitors have a bad experience they will not come back.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.