I really want to make some extra money working from home and am interested in learning Internet marketing. I currently stay at home with my two little kids but would be able to devote about 25 hours a week to Internet marketing. It's just that I don't know where to start. Where do I find some great resources that help me with the Internet marketing basics as all the websites I have come across are not for absolute beginners like me?

I really want to make some extra money working from home and am interested in learning Internet marketing. I currently stay at home with my two little kids but would be able to devote about 25 hours a week to Internet marketing. It's just that I don't know where to start. Where do I find some great resources that help me with the Internet marketing basics as all the websites I have come across are not for absolute beginners like me?

The first question to ask is what are you trying to do? If you are talking about internet marketing but you mean that you are looking to sell merchandise over the internet then you need to understand that you need to identify your product line, identify your target market, and then understand what appeals to them. Once you have all of that mapped out then you can look in places like about.com for resources and online courses about how to set yourself up as an online merchant.

I know this is not the type of answer you are looking for but you have to be more specific in your question. To say you want to engage in internet marketing is like saying you want to become a writer. There are many types of writing, many topics to write about, many outlets for written content, and many audiences to write for.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.