Many of us have smart phones that have enabled easy access to multiple mailboxes on our phones. Thus, I have several emails that are linked to my cell and as a result, I have over 5000 emails to my cell. Why so many? Well, I am subscribed to many groups, spams, linkedin groups, newsletters, etc. So am I the only one in this boat? What do you recommend?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Many of us have smart phones that have enabled easy access to multiple mailboxes on our phones. Thus, I have several emails that are linked to my cell and as a result, I have over 5000 emails to my cell. Why so many? Well, I am subscribed to many groups, spams, linkedin groups, newsletters, etc. So am I the only one in this boat? What do you recommend?

Hello,
I got similar problem. But I solved it by redirecting the emails through Gmail. Basically go to the websites and change the email in your profile to send to the gmail. After it, change the email address to your email-mobile-account. Then make a redirection to the mobile.
In gmail I made some filters, that block the spam-type of emails(not wanted) to be redirected to cell phone.
Or make a filter on the gmail to redirect only those websites that you wish and all other save to some folder.

website->email@gmail->email@mobile

This depends on your needs and also on the settings of your provider. :)
Oh and one thing, I setup my WMobile to turn GSM durring night. Now I have a good and quiet sleep :)
I am living with this setup for 4 years and I am ok with it.

Dang! That's a lot of emails to your phone! :) do you really need that many? I have to think it is distracting. I maybe get about 20 per day. I have to admit though - if i linked my work email to my phone, i would get about the same as you. However, i chose to keep work separate. Otherwise, i think i would go crazy. :)

I am about to take the plunge and get a blackberry. Right now my gmail account has a lot of content coming in due to subscription I have as well as personal e-mails. When I get the blackberry, as it is primarily for personal use, I will use the blackberry mail for private e-mail and use the gmail for all other stuff. None of the automated mail I subscribe to is that important that I need to be able to read it ASAP.

I am about to take the plunge and get a blackberry. Right now my gmail account has a lot of content coming in due to subscription I have as well as personal e-mails. When I get the blackberry, as it is primarily for personal use, I will use the blackberry mail for private e-mail and use the gmail for all other stuff. None of the automated mail I subscribe to is that important that I need to be able to read it ASAP.

For any subscription I have a different email account. It is quite useful, because I only forward my personal email account to my mobile and partly those from work (when out of office and marked as important).
And my so called subscriptions email account is being heavy filtered to remove all the spammers.

I like the blackberry since I can see my emails all in one but one thing for sure, I sure did not link my work email to my blackberry even though many people at my job did. If I did this, my cell would have much much more emails and it will drive me insane.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.