Member Avatar for Barefootwriter

I have just started an online writing community.

The community has nearly 30 members. Only 2 or 3 of them are talking. Is this the typical ratio?

Because I manually approve registrations, I see people register, then never post a thing. I don't understand the dynamic behind it; I am the other way around -- I see a forum post I just have to respond to, then I register.

How do you get people to become active and stay active, especially when a community is so small and new? I have many tools at my disposal, since I'm running Tiki Wiki -- forums, blogs, articles, chat, newsletters, you name it.

yep thats annoying i ahve seven members including my self and there is only one other member who really posts others sign up and sometime post agin if i am lucky.the best advice is to get more members somehow to make your site seem more attractive apart form that theres nothing you can really do

Maybe offer a "newbie post of the week award" people love prizes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.