Hi all...

These days social media bookmarking has became the most integral part of an SEO activities.....but how to promote a site through a social bookmarking site? What is the process for that? Kindly give your valuable suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 27 Replies

Social book marking only get you good ranking, back links and of course little amount of traffic. but Social media only can get you more traffic. so start using of facebook, twitter and myspace.

Create unique content, then submit it to the major social bookmarking and link sharing services. Social bookmarking has the great ability to reach where search engines cannot... social bookmarking helps to discover what is important before any bot can spider the site and rank it among the thousands of sites available.

Develop your social network and share your thought and website link

If you get your article or bookmark on the front page of the top social bookmarking websites, you could receive significant traffic.

what you want to promote dude from your site ,,,, your content or you want to promote your site for more traffic ....??
different techniques are there like bookmarking on social profiles, Dir. submissions..and article submissions...if its a blog..

In most big companies, IT, digital, marketing and sales not only don’t work together, they compete with each other. Until they start collaborating as a team, you will not succeed in social media.

For example, I recently handled social media advertising for a major retail chain’s holiday microsite. The promotion was conceived by the digital department and involved augmented reality. But the IT department refused to allow a link from the homepage to the microsite because the microsite’s design was done by an external agency

Create unique content, then submit it to the major social bookmarking and link sharing services. Social bookmarking has the great ability to reach where search engines cannot... social bookmarking helps to discover what is important before any bot can spider the site and rank it among the thousands of sites available.

Thx for this information. youve got some great info on this post , Helped me a lot.
<snip>

Hi all...

These days social media bookmarking has became the most integral part of an SEO activities.....but how to promote a site through a social bookmarking site? What is the process for that? Kindly give your valuable suggestions?

this is what I need, thanks

You build up profile on top social bookmarking web site with website URL all information full post URL and share social media web site !!!
You are post a article, press release, and other information any where share with social bookmarking web site

Social Bookmarking
Article Marketing
Online Directories
Blogging
Squidoo
MySpace/Facebook
Forums
Email Marketing
Email Signatures
eBay
Classified Online Ads
YouTube
All these should be followed to promote any website

Hi all...

always go with high pr social book marking sites and always complete your profile........with home page URL

Hi,

We can promote our website through many of social bookmarking or social networking sites. We can submit our site in some do follow social bookmarking site through we can get back links also.

Thanks

This information is very interesting, I'll try it too, thanks

if you're sharing your website link constantly on the bookmark you can really get a good traffic.
but be careful, in some of them you can be banned:)

I've checked:)

My suggestion is we are spending time for social bookmarking is totally waste, still now i have placed my links in bookmarking sites more then 500 sites, but i never get in a single backlink from this sites.. so what is the use?
only we can get visitors from top social sites., like digg, stumbleupon, delecious, shountwire, yahoobuzz..

Social media marketing and the businesses that utilize it have become more sophisticated. More small businesses are beginning to understand how to best leverage online tools to build a community and recognize that engagement and interaction are the foundations of social marketing, but most don’t know what’s next.

What follows are five advanced strategies for small businesses that may already have small online communities and understand how to create an online presence, but don’t know what to do next.

Social bookmarking is really a good way to promote your website. Its help you to increase your website rankings in search engines.

Social media is not useful unless you have a lot of friends on it to share a site. To make friends you have to be trustworthy... Then share good stories with them and put a link of your site in it. By doing this you will get unique traffic.

You need to bookmark your content on the top ranked bookmarking site with unique content..

Join a Social bookamrking web site and created a group invited a related member and begin a discussion.
More Information full descriptive URL post as news, content rich, description etc.

bookmark your blogposts there with an anchor to your website. add more and more friends and communities in your social network to promote your website up to a large extent.

social bookmarking help to promote website URL in related unique content.

I recommend caution when attempting to use a social bookmarking site to promote your site. The communities formed by these bookmarking sites tend to be very protective and hyper-aware. They can tell when someone is trying to hard-sell them. It's a longer tactic, but redesignunit mentioned above that you need to develop a social network, then share your thoughts and website link. That's the more "organic" tactic.

Do continues bookmarking on high rank bookmarking website..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.