Member Avatar
johnjames1985
Newbie Poster
20 posts since Dec 2010
Reputation Points: -2 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 1 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

Hi Everyone
We are a small recycling company based in Ireland and we provide recyclign services to commercial customers in Ireland. People keeping telling me that twitter and facebook are the best means to promote our business but I don't think they are because any twitter followers I ever get are always in a different country and only my friends follow us on facebook.

Maybe someone with expert social networking marketing on the best approach if at to utilise twitter and facebook to promote our brand

Thanks

joy12
Junior Poster in Training
87 posts since Jul 2009
Reputation Points: -9 [?]
Banned

Yeah... Facebook and Twitter both are really good social networking websites having millions of visitors. To promote your business through these websites you must increase your followers.

Member Avatar
searchec
Newbie Poster
12 posts since Aug 2010

I think Facebook and Twitter are the most effective marketing tools for small business.Because millions of people visit both website daily so if you want to promote your product or service, Facebook and Twitter can play an important role.

Member Avatar
insomniahelp
Newbie Poster
3 posts since Dec 2010
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]

Just think about who are your customers and are they using Twitter or Facebook.

Member Avatar
Onlyweb
Newbie Poster
8 posts since Dec 2010

I think facebook is more effective than twitter.
And if publish your ads with good choices you will find new costumers.

Member Avatar
johnjames1985
Newbie Poster
20 posts since Dec 2010

do the decision makers in other businesses use facebook and twitter, if so, how do you search companies by industry and country in twitter and facebook is there any special software that can do this

Member Avatar
allis0njane
Newbie Poster
15 posts since Dec 2010

Dont knw much about twitter but Facebook WoW it really help you if you are a small businessman... and want to promote your business over web..

Member Avatar
joelchrist
Posting Whiz
395 posts since Mar 2010
Reputation Points: -9 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 8 [?]

Of course, There will be no -investment to get exposure on facebook and twitter. Great tools to stick with for small business promotions.

Member Avatar
webdesigns12
Light Poster
39 posts since Oct 2010
Q&As Helped to Solve: 3 [?]

YES, of course it is number of the follower in twitter and Facebook will increase your visitor,i will recommend you to work with forum and blog posting.i am sure it will work to get more business.

Member Avatar
StormDriver
Newbie Poster
3 posts since Dec 2010

Facebook and Twitter are communication tools and whenever there is communication there is potential for marketing :-). As a small business you can definitely use Facebook and Twitter to market your business but it depends on how you formulate your strategy and what sort of audience you want to target.

The best way to approach different people on Facebook and Twitter is to participate in the ongoing discussions but make sure you add value to the conversation rather than seeming spammy.

Member Avatar
Comforters Sets
Newbie Poster
2 posts since Dec 2010

I think facebook and twitter is most important tools for marketing their products. They are great social media sites to promote and discuss about their products with the peoples. You can also use a option of share link which enable you to attach a link of a website. Also you can upload the videos for advertisement.

Living-seo-life
Deleted Member

Hello there

There is two different benefits for you to promote your services on social networking channels like facebook and Twitter firstly Creation of Brand Awareness and generate traffic to your website, secondly generate sales.

You first objective will be meet regardless which geographic location your followers are in but to meet the second objective you have to build local follower base, It can take a while but you should consider to stick there and keep sharing your contents and trust me this will eventually paid off.

Member Avatar
shaniadavid
Posting Whiz in Training
226 posts since Sep 2010

Facebook and Twitter are the best to give information to everyone and have great results.

Member Avatar
Kirsten2
Newbie Poster
1 post since Nov 2010

You said that only your friends follow you on Facebook. Well,you can ask them to reccomend you to their fb friends and so you'll end up having a bigger online community to promote your services to.

Member Avatar
sufalamtech
Newbie Poster
13 posts since Jan 2011

yes its also beneficial to all size of business.

Member Avatar
qlipboard
Posting Whiz in Training
219 posts since Dec 2007
Q&As Helped to Solve: 2 [?]

Yes, both Twitter and Facebook are effective marketing tools for small business. Here, users can communicate with each other or share their thoughts through small good content. Also, small businesses can provide information relating to their products and services to more and more visitors and have great profits.

Member Avatar
SarahRachel01
Newbie Poster
17 posts since Jan 2011

Not Only Effective dude that can be very fruitful if you u use it well for small businesses...

Member Avatar
3binfotech10
Newbie Poster
5 posts since Jan 2011

i also agree facbook and twitter most effective sites for networking

Member Avatar
sanasahil
Light Poster
37 posts since May 2010

Yeah both social media sites play an important role for the promotion of small business. However i personally think that LinkedIn is more effective than these two.

Member Avatar
Black White
Newbie Poster
11 posts since Feb 2011

Both of the two social networking sites are much familiar for the business earning because of the user's and moreover you can use this for web promotion in SEO way as for traffic because search engine will consider all those links.

You
This article has been dead for over three months: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: