Hi

Is anyone able to please help me achieve custom urls for my profile based website.

I want to provide users with their own domain for example:
www.myprofilewebsite.com/username

Is this a server side scripting issue or is there a better? or easier way around this?

Many thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Assuming you are running a Linux based server, you will need to use something called mod_rewrite. By adding a couple of lines in an .htaccess file you upload into the directory, you could essentially rewrite URLs. For example, you can change www.site.com/profile.php?username=dani to www.site.com/dani/

Check our Apache forum for more information about how to accomplish this :)

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/forum33.html

Jaypee Garden Isles - Jaypee Greens has launched their new luxurious Premium wishtown “ Jaypee Garden Isles ” at Sector 133 Noida. Jaypee Garden Isles project has a unique master plan at Sector 133 Noida. plz visit my web site http://www.jaypeegardenislesnoida.in/
Well connected by Noida-Greater Noida expressway, 45m wide sector roads and 32m wide internal roads. Positioning The project is a premium development planned in Wishtown Noida. The architecture is inspired by The Classical White Lines of Historic Greek, yet the rising towers are modern, fluid and monumental. These apartments would enjoy seamless views and the closest proximity to the largest playgrounds and sprawling green open spaces in Wish town. The master planning of the project creates a resort like environment by the composition of continuous unfolding green open spaces and meandering streets and pathways. The apartments are three side open providing an enriching experience of openness maintaining the privacy of the residents. Facilities & Amenities:
Community facilities such as religious complexes and community centers in adjoining neighborhood.
Various recreational facilities such as soccer fields are in close proximity.
Apart from offering a massive facility of a full cricket oval and multiple soccer and hockey fields, the towers will offer an opportunity for professional training in the various sports and games for all the age groups.
Various Institutional areas are also in the close proximity to the community. A Proposed Mall is in the close vicinity.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.