Member Avatar
roydimeo
Newbie Poster
16 posts since Sep 2011
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

Hi All

I have read that the best ways to attract traffic to your website is to blog, guest blog, write articles, use social media, comment in forums and use social bookmarking. Now I understand that all of these all go together, but I don't know what social bookmarking is and how I then use it. Can someone please explain?

Thanks

Member Avatar
pritaeas
mod_pritaeas
11,291 posts since Jul 2006
Reputation Points: 1,420 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 1,832 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 155 [?]
Featured
Sponsor

I don't know what social bookmarking is and how I then use it. Can someone please explain?

It's providing easy methods for your visitors to add bookmarks to your site/article. You can recognize it everywhere. The like button (Facebook), the tweet button (Twitter), and many more. If you want an easy start, check out a service like AddThis.

Member Avatar
motik
Newbie Poster
11 posts since Dec 2011
Q&As Helped to Solve: 1 [?]

The Social bookmarking is one of the SMO (Social Media Optimization) methods.
You should register in SB websites, find submission form. your bookmarks should be understandable and attractive. don't forget that you just share information with visitors.

Member Avatar
zz[stevepark]
Newbie Poster
9 posts since Oct 2011
Reputation Points: -3 [?]

Social bookmarking is very simple..you just need to find some social bookmarking website like digg.com you can post your website there in put some little bit description on it..

Member Avatar
prcys
Junior Poster
140 posts since Aug 2011
Q&As Helped to Solve: 9 [?]

Hi All

I have read that the best ways to attract traffic to your website is to blog, guest blog, write articles, use social media, comment in forums and use social bookmarking. Now I understand that all of these all go together, but I don't know what social bookmarking is and how I then use it. Can someone please explain?

Thanks

Social bookmarking is one method as the other for getting the results through it. As if one use the unique description in the submission of the bookmarking , then can get the best results. And if one want to get so ,many backlinks for the site through the social bookmarking then can get the quick result of the backlinks through it. And also when one want to get fast index of the site pages then it also be more helpful.

aspproject
Junior Poster in Training
78 posts since Apr 2011
Reputation Points: -9 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 4 [?]
Banned

Social Bookmarking is on of the best way to increase our site traffic ... The Social bookmarking is one of the SMO (Social Media Optimization) methods ..It's providing easy methods for your visitors to add bookmarks to your site/article.

Member Avatar
dubailandscape
Newbie Poster
22 posts since Dec 2011

It is a very simple and one of the best process, by which you can increase traffic on your sites.

Question Answered as of 2 Years Ago by prcys, zz[stevepark], dubailandscape and 3 others
Member Avatar
goodtaste
Posting Whiz in Training
217 posts since May 2004
Q&As Helped to Solve: 2 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 1 [?]

Can anyone, based on experience, post a list of the most effective social bookmarking sites they have used? It would be very useful for others. So far, the best site for me has been StumbleUpon, and in the area of visual things, Pinterest.

Digg has not worked for me as well, but do anyone has any other experiences to share? It would be helpful.

Thanks!

Member Avatar
amukhtar
Light Poster
32 posts since Oct 2010

There are number of social book marking sites, you just can't count them on fingers but just for your ease please start with below list
google.com/bookmarks
connotea.org
blinklist.com
delicious.com
folkd.com
xmarks.com
tumblr.com
bookmarks.yahoo.com
diigo.com
netvouz.com
a1-webmarks.com
buddymarks.com
corank.com
ikeepbookmarks.com
sitejot.com

jonywags
Newbie Poster
18 posts since Dec 2011
Reputation Points: -16 [?]
Banned

Social Book Marking is a good way to increase any website traffic, But make sure you sharing information to audience, dont become robot and post always your website material.

Member Avatar
ChristinaJomes
Newbie Poster
11 posts since Dec 2011
Reputation Points: -9 [?]

Hello friend I can understand your view but believe me social media is really helpful but it's true it will take the time.
But if you keep this you will surely get a good result.

Hi All

Thanks

Member Avatar
pamellakerry
Newbie Poster
1 post since Dec 2011

thanks

Member Avatar
fcolor
Newbie Poster
12 posts since Mar 2006

it is wrong to look at the social bookmarking websites as a places where one goes to promote services and products and to increase traffic. They are good to do networking and for brand awareness, however.

vinodkunwar
Newbie Poster
23 posts since Dec 2011
Reputation Points: -12 [?]
Banned

Hello friends, as you know that social bookmarking is a part off page submission work and link building technique. It's better way to useing it that you firstly choose do fallow social bookmarking list and submit unique and distinct content on that site.

Thanks,

Member Avatar
andysmth
Newbie Poster
12 posts since Jan 2012

The social media submission and the social media bookmarking is the same things. In both things just the difference is that on the social media submission we submit a link through opening a website and submit our content. But on the social bookmarking we can add our data by using a single tool bar named as "add on add this tool bar".

clarajames
Newbie Poster
12 posts since Dec 2011
Reputation Points: -18 [?]
Banned

Social bookmarking is good when you are getting good traffic from such sites like digg and stumbleupon.

Member Avatar
weberic
Newbie Poster
1 post since Jan 2012

Social bookmarks are really the best way to increase website traffic!

Member Avatar
DanielMilstein
Junior Poster in Training
50 posts since Jan 2012
Q&As Helped to Solve: 3 [?]

I think social bookmarking is dead! I have not been using it since last two years as it is full of spammers . I mean just imagine a site which had thousands of submission daily and 90% of them are repeated in all the popular SBM sites.. I dont think it is worth investing time!

pastpapers
Newbie Poster
11 posts since Dec 2011
Reputation Points: -10 [?]
Banned

its very simple u just need to go some social bookmarking site like reddit, digg, delicious etc u can post ur website there put some description, then get the results.

Member Avatar
andysmth
Newbie Poster
12 posts since Jan 2012

Yes social media bookmarking submission is the best way to increase the page rank. If you want ti increase the page rank that i have some bet social media sites for you
reddit
mixx
facebook
twitter
stumbleupon
myspace
delicious
yahoo
filker

You
This question has already been solved: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: