1.11M Members

Twitter Forced Auto-Follow

I've been struggling with this ever since my number of followers grew on Twitter. Forced auto-follow software is being used to "force" me to follow people automatically that I have not chosen to follow and I have been having to manually delete them or block them. Is there a way to prevent forced auto-follow software from being used on a Twitter account? I tried researching this online and only found one article of a man who has been experiencing this and is very angry, but he offered no solutions. I too, would like to follow those I choose to follow, not people I don't want. Any suggestions?

Much appreciated!

LastMitch
Deleted Member

Is there a way to prevent forced auto-follow software from being used on a Twitter account?

I can't give any advice on any software but you can pretend or ignore it.

Read this nice blog article how to deal with it:

http://michelfortin.com/autofollow-fiasco/

organic is the best to grow your social network, such tools would help in grow your numbers but doesn't help you grow social network.

Thank you for replying to my question. Exactly! Organic should be the rule, but some break the rules. I've been a victim of those tools for a while, and I tend to block out or "unfollow" those who violate my right to choose who I follow. I think it is deceptive technique, just for windowdressing! Will look at the site with suggested solutions. Thanks!

You
This article has been dead for over six months: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: