Hi, i just started a new forum about design and home improvement project.
<< url snipped to comply with forum policy >>

How can i invite people that i dont know to join the forum?
Is it possible to send email invitaitons?
Or do we just have to wait for people to find the forum themselves?

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 23 Replies

the best way is to post on other popular forums such as this 1 and advertise ur site.

I just visited your website, it has zero content. You should first populate your forum with some relavent material. One other point it seems you are hosting your forum on some free host, make sure that they allow you to copy the database in case you change host. Its very important ... this you will learn with time.

: ]

b4codes

Hi, i just started a new forum about design and home improvement project.
<< url snipped to comply with forum policy >>

How can i invite people that i dont know to join the forum?
Is it possible to send email invitaitons?
Or do we just have to wait for people to find the forum themselves?

Thank you

loads of people now put their forum links up on search engines, maybe this will help you...

You might want to create some good discussion starters that are easy for those visiting to contribute to. Stay in touch with those who have registered and invite them back to comment on a specific issue.

Paul-Marc

in order to get members a forum needs traffic, but prior to that it needs to be active, so you have several options, make several user names yourself and post back and forth, pay posters, hire a couple of mods to make post and mod the forum, traffic is the easy part, at least on my end i own about 10 forums and doing SEO on them i can get tons of traffic , directed traffic meaning they are looking for what i have to offer them, but unless the forum is active or the person joining or potentially joining See's or at least thinks its active your spinning your wheels, your also going to have lurkers, or those just passing through, however you can make revenue from this traffic if your set up to do so, and out of every ten on average give or take one way or the other you may get one person to join the forums.
If i can help let me know

You can always partner with people who already have targeted mailing lists that are targeted for your community. Mail blasts can result in lots of new forum members.

Content is king, you'll need to get content on your site so people have a reason to come to your site.

yea main is contain ,i absolute agree with "MamawDenise "
do as said

Well a forum is like any web solution, there is work to do to bring traffic. So look into SEO technics, try to find link partners...
And yes post into your own forum under different pseudo.
Good luck.

Organic SEO works very well with forums because they constantly build natural content and many interlinking pages.

you can also use blogs and rss feeds

Yes, syndication is killer. It's always a good idea to put RSS buttons all over your site to encourage people to syndicate your content. Also, you can submit your feeds to RSS aggregators.

Personally, I use MSN (instant messages). You need to know some people. Then, you can invite them. But don't say "Ehy, come in my site! This is the link: <>", first you must say "Ehy, you know that I'm started my own forum? If you're intrested I can give the link". People are curious. ;-)
This is my method.

Use social networking sites such as myspace, bebo, etc these can really help your community grow as well as promoting the features you provide.

You can also send out a press release and have it distributed online for very reasonable fees. There are also free sites that you can post your press release to. Search for "free press releases" in Google and you will find quite a few.
Take one of your products at a time and write an article about it. You can post such articles on Ezines for free.
--------------------
Gillberk

Getting traffic from relevant sites, links exchange could be one method.

its all about content. If your visitors like what you offer they´ll bring to your site more and more visitors.

As suggested by everyone the most thing which attract readers towards the website is the content. If the content, threads, posts are informative and impressive then people will stay on your site for long. As well as you can participate on other relevant forums and let the members know about your forum. Join social bookmarking and put your forum url on your profile. Banner advertising on other forums and sites also works.

post to forums that most people come in and invite them to visit yours.

Better you can do press release about your new forums also write more blogs and articles about forums.

say hurra to keep every one happy
then copy this and paste it several times in your forum to make it look very busy.

or perhaps put an advert somewhere that you give lots of nice things to people that will join the community.

actually having exactly the same problems with my own forum.

Wish you good luck with your forum.
Add don't give up.
xxx

say hurra to keep every one happy
then copy this and paste it several times in your forum to make it look very busy.

or perhaps put an advert somewhere that you give lots of nice things to people that will join the community.

actually having exactly the same problems with my own forum.

Wish you good luck with your forum.
Add don't give up.
xxx

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.