TechTalk currently receives about 2,500 hits per day (this includes both members as well as guests). In addition, we receive about 8 new member sign-ups per day. About 25 unique registered members visit per day.

Are these results low for a forum of this type? Suppose each registered member visits 15 pages on the forum in one day. That would mean that registered members account for 25*15=370 hits / day.

Therefore, 2,130 hits are generated by guests each day. Meanwhile, only 8 members sign up per day. This is a sign-up ratio of less than 0.4%

How could I improve on this? I find it strange to regularly have 30-50+ guests on a board with only 1 registered member currently logged in. Especially because guests aren't even allowed to post.

More importantly, am I just overanalyzing this? (perhaps due to excessive boredom)

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Whoa ... that was less than 2 months ago, and our stats have more than tripled! :)

Whoa ... that was less than 2 months ago, and our stats have more than tripled! :)

tripled . . . . congratulations.
Sometimes more than anything else . . . sites just need time to mature. We constatly think why we are not getting as much traffic as webmasters.

Patience is important for a site grow.

So what are we gonna do to celebrate . . . daniweb party?

thanks
KUB - BUK NAKED!

Hey there. It seems like somewhat of an old thread. Did I say 8 new signups per day? The last two weeks we were at 60 per day and this week is well into the 90s and 100s. :-D And 25 unique registered visitors per day? Check out the forum index for a listing of 100-200+ members who visited within the past 24 hours ;)

Unfortunately, the new registrations bring in a slew of redundant posts. In the Windows/IE sections. :(

But that comes along with any forum trying to increase popularity. All that can be done is to move threads, lock threads, and warn members to search before they post - just forum maintenance, I guess, which increases as a forum gets bigger.

Yeah, you're right. A perfect forum is a pipe-dream anyways. If it were perfect, there would be no need for moderators. :)

Definitely :-D Hey ... you're a moderator here ;) Are you doing your job? LOL

Dani- just a note on my part, I find the posting here (the entire forums) to be sporadic and replies to be equally as long. Meaning, not that many postings per day. Is your analysis saying the same?

We actually have been sticking to an average of 150 posts per day, with a peak of 200 posts. With the exception of the weekend the server experienced downtime, we haven't gone below 120 posts per day in quite awhile. As for new threads, we are always between 20 and 30 new threads per day. A number that could definitely be improved upon.

Yeah, you're right. A perfect forum is a pipe-dream anyways. If it were perfect, there would be no need for moderators. :)

Then life would be so boring. :)

Well, I posted that in mid-May ... did I say 150 to 200 posts per day? We're at 300 posts per day now! Gee these forums are skyrocketing ;)

Well, I posted that in mid-May ... did I say 150 to 200 posts per day? We're at 300 posts per day now! Gee these forums are skyrocketing ;)

i wish any of my forums were 1/10th as popular, lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.