yssirhc 0 Light Poster

I created a database within MS Access - no SQL code - and set a field to "Memo". When I go to my web app that inserts some form data into the database, if I type too much into that one field on the form, I get "Invalid Precision Value".

I've been looking online and found this (the server script is perl and I'm connecting to the database via DBI:ODBC):
This error message is received when trying to store more than 255 characters in a MEMO field. The problem is (to my knowledge) an error in the MS Access ODBC driver. The problem is fixed by setting the data_type of the column to SQL_LONGVARCHAR in add_columns. SQL_LONGVARCHAR is a constant in the DBI module.

Only I have no idea how to set the data type of the column to longvarchar. The server language I'm using is perl, but I didn't create the table or database with sql, which is what I think this solution is assuming. I created the table by going into Access and clicking on "New Table".

Does anybody know how I can fix this so that the memo takes more than 255 chars?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.