romi65 0 Newbie Poster

As a volunteer for a non-profit organization, I've been asked to delve into a database which would allow us to transfer data from our old Q&A program (the floppies are really floppies) to one that will be compatible with OS post Win XP. Apparently Q & A will not operate on Vista or Win 7. Since Q&A not only holds our membership & volunteer lists and contact information, but also all the data for 5 different fundraising events (it includes such things as vendors, invoices issued to vendors, point of sale and also calculates our percentage of sales, applicable taxes and exemptions, etc.) it would be prudent to do something before it's non-functional.
We've looked at some of the programs available for handling non-profit orgs but find that they are far too complex for our needs as well as too costly for our limited budget (we are a completely self-supporting community centre in a rural area).
Since volunteers would be handling all this info, it needs to be easy to learn and use.
Frankly, I haven't worked with databases since the advent of dBase and have forgotten everything I ever knew.
Anyone have any ideas?