S8831679G 0 Newbie Poster

Hi All,

I'am having great trouble with the db design (MS SQL Express 2005)of a Facility Booking System DB Design and its urgent. Please help!

I'am currently building this web application for a organising committee which is responsible to book facility (tennis court or squash court) at a particular location (ABC sports complex or XYZ sports complex) for upcoming events.

It is assumed that the available timing for booking any facility is fixed at 10am to 7pm, each booking is at least 1hour duration and can also be blocked (1hour or 3 hours) and all location consist all facility (ABC and XYZ have both tennis and squash court). Each booking can have 0 to many invited guest which is stored using Text (xml).

My problem is i'am not sure of how i should create the Booking table to facilitate the above stated requirements and the list of facility and booking information is planned to be displayed to the user in form of gridview

Date | 1000 | 1100 | 1200 | Location | Facility
20/01/2010 | Free | Booked | Free | ABC | Squash
21/01/2010 | Free | Free| Booked | ABC | Squash

The organiser must be able to book a facility from 1pm to 4pm and able to edit the timing of the booking. Would greatly appreciate if anyone could give just any advise on how i should tackle this problem?

Following are what i've come up with till now.

############
Table Organiser:
OrganiserID
FirstName
LastName
etc..

##############
Table Location:
LocationID
LocationName
etc..

##############