jlopez 0 Newbie Poster

Dear Guys,

I developed one application using Microsoft Access2003, I use to MDB file, one is time_db.mdb and time.mdb and link these two databases. I put my time_db.mdb in the shared folder \\avss-srv and install the time.mdb in the client pc. The time.mdb is reading the database from time_db.mdb.

When im the first user who tried to access the database then anybody doesnt have a problem in connecting using my client time.mdb program but once I logout and somebody from my client user is the first one who log in to the database, Me and other user cannot able to log in now in the system. The error is COULD NOT USE \\avss-srv\dtr\time_db.mdb, file already in use. My interim solution is to search who is the user login to the system and inform him via phone to logout first then I will do the intial login before informing others to login to the system. The problem is i cannot turn off my pc leaving my time_db or time.mdb open because I might be able to encounter user problem again. Please help and give me the reason why it is happening in my access database.