indev 0 Newbie Poster

Hey everyone.

Some back info :

I have been developing in C for about a year now on and off. Recently I grabbed myself a C++ book and am progressing at a steady rate. Up until recently I have been developing small applications and done a lot of ports. Wolfenstein 3D for PSP, LuaPlayer Interpreter for PSP and so on.

I am now eager to try my hand at making a game. So lets say for arguments sake... I want to generate say 5 goombas on screen for a mario game. Ignoring all the checking of mario's position etc, I am just stuck mainly on how I would go about implementing such a thing. Where each enemy moves independently (I guess an array is the best option) and has its own well.... mind.

In psudo code I fully understand how to do it, I'm just a bit stuck on the actual C++ part.

Notes :

I am making the game in SDL.
I don't yet know about deque, I have a monstrous C++ book (with roughly 900 pages) and due to work and other time constraints its taking time to get though it.

Thanks for any advice.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.