Michael_80 0 Newbie Poster

In Unity 3D, utilizing the Starter Assets package, I am trying to swap the mesh on the Starter Asset character that I duplicated in the scene. I unpacked a prefab so that I could utilize the mesh filter of the new prefab that I imported. I realized that there are several meshes on the (prefab/game object) that I unpacked and wanted to know how to layer them onto the skinned mesh renderer of the starter asset character? The new prefab contains multiple mesh overlays,(i believe the original is in underpants as Man_Body Mesh) and are they layered individually onto the game object?

I have attempted to add a mesh filter (Man_BodyMesh) and used the root which was different on the Man-BodyMesh from the Starter Asset Mesh…….basically my object upon play looked like the vertices were jumbled resulting in The Thing from John Carpenter? Iknow the Armature on the Unity Asset has a skeleton, weighted and has a root. I was hoping to copy and paste until I was proven wrong.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.