roqval 0 Newbie Poster

Hi all I am getting the output is a completely black image/ anyone know how to fix it... please here is the subject and java and classes in zip file .
thank you

Image processing is done in two general ways: scalar processing, by treating each colour plane as an individual 8-bit monochrome image and vector processing, which treats each pixel as a 3-dimensional vector comprised of the 3 RGB values. However, both perform their processing task (e.g., enhancement, filtering) by applying a convolution mask. Typically these masks are 3X3 or 5X5 in size and different masks perform different operations to get varying results, i.e., there is a different convolution mask for low-pass filtering, different masks for edge detection, etc.

In this assignment you are required to write and implement an image processing program/routine/function
that will:

• load a colour image
• accept a user-defined convolution mask that can be of either 3X3 or 5X5 size that accepts positive
and negative real or integer values
• apply the convolution mask to the image data using a scalar processing approach:
o to each colour plane (i.e., to the R, G and B planes)
o have the ability to apply to specific colour planes (e.g., R and G only, or just B)
• save and/or display the resulting colour image

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.