Member Avatar for bduitp
bduitp

Hi,
I hope this is the right place to post this topic.
I'm building an imagealbum application. Registred users can visit certain parts of the album after authentication.
So, the usermanagement and authentication process are build as servlets in Tomcat using a jdbcrealm. As the images are uploaded directly thru the filesystem, this files should be dynamically read from the filesystem. So, storing this images in the web content part of the webapp is not an option (i presume). My plan was to store the images in a structure in the docroot of the Apache webserver. I tied the webserver and Tomcat together with mod_jk. But it seems to be impossible to address a location outside the webapp context without breaking the authentication. Of course you can perform a sendRedirect but this bypasses the Tomcat authentication. I'm looking for two possible approaches:
1) Is there a way to load dynamically files into an area that is managed by Tomcat (without redeploying)?
Or
2) Is there a way to address an area outside de webapp context without breaking the authentication managed by Tomcat.
Any idea how i can solve this one?
Many thanks for any output.

Bart.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.