bajanpoet 0 Junior Poster in Training

I've been trying to run an SQL script using an Excel macro. There are hundreds of records (one coumn - Item numbers) returned, and I would love to have the results start at C3 in the Excel worksheet and propagate down until all of the records have been added to the sheet, overwriting any previous item numbers in that particular column of cells. (This will bulk load the worksheet which will execute other formulas based on the item numbers added in this step.)

I enter the script into the Microsoft Query (I'm Importing external data and putting the script into the MS Query) and run the query and see the result set in the window of MSQuery. When I try to return the values to Excel in row C3, I get this error message: "Query results cannot overlap a list or XML mapping. Please select another destination."

PS - I tried to put it in a new worksheet just to make sure that at least the data was getting into the worksheet, but the new sheet came up blank! Now I'm confused. :confused:

Any ideas? :?:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.