arunpawar -1 Junior Poster in Training

I'm trying to create simpel notebook for me to take down classnotes, using java swing &
SQLite. This will even help me to learn more about swing & SQL .

(I'm not sure whether it is possible or SQLites usage is good or not). So anyway i decided
to use SQLite. But i've very limited experience with it. So i've few questions:

1) Is it possible to connect this app to sqlite persistently? if yes then how that sqlite can
be embeded with application?so i can upload at daniweb as well as complete application?

2) is it possible to encrypt the database in SQLite?

For database creation my questions are:

How can i create database which has table that carries three fields 1) Name 2) Note 3)
Categary Name is like the title for notes here, Note will contain entire ntoes i type during lecture so this will be huge so i'm concerened about range i can give before creating table,
category is confusing as well as it'll carry the notes for each subject,so i'm thinking
about drop-down options but i don't know how to handle this.

I might be lacking the whole picture of looking at the database. but your pointers can help
me here.So how can i handle these problems realated to size of type? which type to use etc.

Pointers and corrections,guidence is highly appreciated. Please do let me know how to
proceed further.

Thanks in advance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.