grouchotron 0 Newbie Poster

I'm attempting to write a script that logs into a web site, navigates through some links, stores some data to a text file, and logs out.

I was able to log on with ease, using WWW::Mechanize. However I'm having trouble navigating through the actual website, because instead of just a simple html file, the main page is made up of several frames.

One of the frames, whose source is a .php file, contains links that effect what is displayed on another frame, the frame that will eventually contain the information I need.

WWW::Mechanize treats a frame like a link to its source, and I can navigate to the frame's source, and parse the link that effects what the .php file for the other frame displays, but by doing this I no longer have access to the other frame.

Can anyone help me solve this problem? How can I deal with the source of one frame without navigating away from the page displaying the other frames?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.