augie0216 0 Light Poster

Hello
I have created and built a deployment project I would like to add on a launch condition the requires internet explorer be installed. I added the launch condition and rebuilt the project the text I put in the message property appears but when I hit next the screen it says the installer has been interupted restart installer. Here is what I have done. I made sure the launch Condition Editor was active. i right-clicked on Requirements on the Target Machine, and then clicked the Add File Launch Condition. I activate the properties window for the condition named Search For File1. then I set the name property to Search for Internet Explorer. I set the fileName property to IExplore.exe, the I set the property folder to [ProgramFilesFolder] using the the drop-down list box. The property name is set to IEEXISTS. Then I configure the Launch Condition,in the Launch Conditions Editor. I select the launch condition named Condition1. I activate the property window for condition1 set the name property to IEEXISTS. I set the Condition property to IEEXISTS. I set the message property ro Internet Explorer must be installed to run this application. then i rebuild the deployment project.

I can't figure out whats wrong I need help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.