vikingsraven 0 Newbie Poster

Hi, all. Just been asked to help design a motion rig for a flight sim for a charitable museum in the UK. I have built robotic and control systems for a few years now mainly with PLC's some python and PICs.
they are running Microsoft FS2004, and there is a program called FSUIPC by Peter Dowson which enable access to this data.
I would like to write my code in Python, to get data from this package, and then output it via serial or usb to a custom built control board, this will operate valves and indicators.
The serial data is not an issue , ill use Pyserial for that.
I at present have no idea how i will get the data from FSUIPC.
He has sample code for c, delphi and vb.
I am presuming i could use ctypes and win32 to get the data, but i cant find any tutorials that explain how to use them properly. the FSUIPC seems to creat a memory offset that you can look at, but im not sure how to get started.
example values
offset :0578
size:4
shows: Pitch, *360/(65536*65536) for degrees. 0=level, –ve=pitch up, +ve=pitch down

so from this i can check if the pitch is < or > say 10 and raise or lower a hydraulic ram.
im sure the process will not be to difficult to do but i just need some guidance.
thanks for your time

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.