aphexmunky 0 Newbie Poster

Hi there,

I joined DaniWeb quite some time ago but just been lurking since i joined. I'm stumped on a problem now though and i'm hoping someone can help with it - seems google cant.

I'm creating postscript at the moment, there's no issue with this. Part of the postscript is sending pages to specific InputSlot / Papersources / Trays (seems to be different terminology depending on who you speak to).
Now it seems that each tray has a numerical value associated with which is usually set by the drivers manufactures. This is not necessarily the same as the number that might be physically written on the tray.
I found i can get these numbers by downloading the PPD file from the vendors but that really limits me to the PPD's i have.

I've tried messing with the Java print system but all the resources i've found on the net are pointed towards how to print where as all i want is a way to get a list of the tray names to the postscript tray numbers.

Anyone any ideas / suggestions / links??
Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.