WargRider 10 Junior Poster

Dear Community,

So I am making a 3D game using UDK and I have implemented / scripted everything I have wanted in the same so far. Then it occured on me today, why not have some cool speech recognition, so for those that dont know UDK (Unreal Development Kit) gaming engine, it has a DLLBind functionality to import custom C++ dlls. I have been doing C++ the last few years, 3-5 years, so I am pretty well of in the language, I am no noob. Because I have windows 7, it comes automatically built with SAPI 5.4 I believe , well at least 5.3 I know. So I went on MSDN, looked up the documentations, and I managed to find a simple program that says what you tell it to say, simple enough, maybe 10-20 lines of code, very readable, high level langauge. Then I went on to move towards the next goal, which was to recognize and print words, now for those that dont know , Speech SDK 5.1 by Microsoft has sample code, but it seems overly complex, and to be quite honest, I barely get half of the code. I was wondering if anyone knew here (yes I did google thats why I am asking this) , if there are any lengthy well explained tutorials regarding Speech _Recognition_ for _C++ (not C#)_ using SAPI 5.3? Can someone please guide me through this or explain to me how this works? Thank You!

Sincerely,
Pranav S.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.