john_zakaria 0 Newbie Poster

hi everyone.. i made my windows service in C# and everything is running well except only one task..

i made a notifyicon1 in the taskbar so that the user can click on this notifycon1 and opens a links that it is retrieved from

database.

My problem is that the action of double click for the notify icon is not working neither for mouse move or double click action

for example i am trying to open the link of google when the user clicks on the notifyicon1.

my code is:

this.notifyIcon1.MouseMove += new System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventHandler(this.john_move);
                          this.notifyIcon1.DoubleClick += new System.EventHandler(this.notifyIcon1_DoubleClick);

Note: i made 2 function one for the event double click and the other for mouse move coz i made first double click function

but it did not works for me.

private void notifyIcon1_DoubleClick(object Sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            try
            {
                File.WriteAllText(@"c:\\windows_service_files\\STErrors.txt", "notifyIcon1_DoubleClick " + 

DateTime.Now.ToString());

//System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("http://www.google.com");

}
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                File.WriteAllText(@"c:\\windows_service_files\\STErrors.txt", "catch 1 "+DateTime.Now.ToString() + 

ex.ToString());
            }   
        }

private void john_move(object sender, System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs e)
        {
            try
            {
                File.WriteAllText(@"c:\\windows_service_files\\STErrors.txt", "John move " + DateTime.Now.ToString());

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("http://www.google.com");

}
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                File.WriteAllText(@"c:\\windows_service_files\\STErrors.txt", "catch 2 " + DateTime.Now.ToString() + 

ex.ToString());
            }   
        }

Please reply as soon as possible..

thanks and best regards for everyone

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.