eltonpiko 2 Junior Poster in Training

hi can someone help me

iv never done any programming for standalone or desktop before.web is my domain but i have a task im trying to figure out how i can go about this.

iv got a php site were you can search for shops and you get there categories,address,country and some more info which is all stored in mysql database thats all ok and everything.

my problem is i want some customers to search the list of shop through a program on a cd i will give them so they dont need to go on the site.well i could have a program that fetch the data from my current mysql database then they could just go on the site.but my prob is for customer that dont have access ti internet so i need a way to store the database on the cd and the flash app connect directly to that database and dont need to install anything for the customer wont know how to do that.

so is there a way i can connect flash directly to a database without asp or other technology.like i have my .mdb ,.excel or flat file and my flash app just fetch the data form the db using xml or is there a better way to do this?

please advice