m1234ike 0 Light Poster

Hello Daniweb,

I am starting this thread to receive some help about a permissions problem with overwriting files when moving files to a Cleanup folder from the Desktop.

I have researched the issue and it says to modify the permissions in the app.manifest to something like: <requestedExecutionLevel level="requireAdministrator" uiAccess="false" /> But this is giving me a ClickOnce error.

My move and overwrite code is like the following:

For Each foundFile As String In My.Computer.FileSystem.GetFiles _
            (My.Computer.FileSystem.SpecialDirectories.Desktop, _
            FileIO.SearchOption.SearchTopLevelOnly, "*.mp3")
                Try
                    If My.Computer.FileSystem.FileExists(foundFile) Then

My.Computer.FileSystem.MoveFile(foundFile, myPathfour & "/" & IO.Path.GetFileName(foundFile), True)

End If
                Catch ex As Exception
                    MsgBox("Error: " & vbNewLine & "The found file: " & IO.Path.GetFileName(foundFile) & vbNewLine & "cannot overwrite its matching file in the Cleanup folder. " & vbNewLine & "You do not have sufficient permissions to overwrite the file. " & vbNewLine & "Please close the file and try again OR " & vbNewLine & "you can select the RENAME option and rename the file.")
                End Try

The error that I receive while debugging when I modify the code above and take out the Try/Catch has to do with permissions for moving files.

Any help?

Thanks in advance,

m1234ike