flywheeljack 0 Newbie Poster

Hi there,

I am currently working on an application that prints out several labels from 2 different printers. The printers use the same 3rd party software though so currently i am just passing command line arguments to the 3rd party application to print the labels.
However there is very little control over when the labels get printed so basically VB spits all the label commands out at once and Im luck if the printer software gets the first label and then stops.

I have been using the thread.sleep command to give the program time to finish one label before it starts another...however this seems a bit too sloppy because there are no gurantees that the next machine this will be put on would be faster or slower in terms of its printing/file seeking facility.

So my question is , is there a straightforward way to monitor the status of a printer in vb.net so that i can send labels to the printer only when the printer is ready for them.
Or maybe there are other options for printing I am not aware of, any suggestions would be appreciated,

Thank you.