jovypinoy 0 Junior Poster in Training

Hi IT Masters,

I have a a VB6 exe applocatopm that works perfectly on the server (MS Windows 2008 R2) and to another computer. I just copy pasted the exe file and downloaded all dll files needed. (No installer of the app and there's no way to find it)

But when I go to remote desktop as a User to access the shared VB6 exe app in the server (it run faster to a server than computer), It execute fine in the login form but the Problem occur when I clicked search button. The error is:

"Run-time error 339

Component "DBGRID32.OCX" or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: ... etc."

I downloaded the dbgrid32.ocx, dbgrid32.dep and run dbgrid32.reg to register the file in the registry. Both servers and the computer.

Like what I stated above "The exe file is working fine on the server and in the computer". The problem is when I use the computer as Remote Desktop User, then the file didn't work.

When I ran the VB6 app as Administrator in Remote Desktop, it works soo fine. But as RDC User it cause me a headache..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.