csharpa 0 Newbie Poster

Hi,
I have 2 tables a parent and a child. I want to insert value from C# (Windows Form) to DB(MSSQL) in VS2005. Although I’m sending data to both of them but the new record will be generated only in parent table but not child.

At the first I thought that it is because the child does not receive the FK. But later when I tried to add FK manually (NOT parametric) I found out that the new record will not be added. Although I set the seed value and increment value for both of them but when I click the new data the new Id will be generated only for parent but not child.

Although I can check the pervious data of both of them simply by clicking the button on the toolbar but it will not generated ID for child when I want to add new record. So I found out that the parentdatasource is only added in Bindingsource so now, how can I add the dataset to BindingNavigator? Or how can I force the system beside setting the autoID(PK) generator to generate new id for child? Or what is the other solution for this problem?
Thank you very much

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.