saintalan 0 Newbie Poster

Hi All,

I've been away from C# for a couple of years, now in semi-retirement and looking forward to picking it up again mainly for my own purposes.

I did a google on 'compare XML' and ended back here (should have come here in the first place!) however given the age of the related thread and now using VS2005 with 2008 (have the Beta2) around the corner thought I would start a new thread.

I want to tap into several XML feeds and compare the data and then do some analysis and and review the results. Inevitably whilst the feeds carry (all/some of) the same data they will not have the same element names etc.

I have never really got into XML, but would now like to have ago at this. My initial thoughts are that I would read the feeds and rename the items with my own 'common' names and then load them into a Database for comparison.

Of course this might be totally the wrong way etc etc and at this stage and not looking for somebody to write the code for me, rather have someone give me some pointers, so as I can learn as I go.

Any comments/advice would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to visiting the site regularly again.

Cheers

Alan

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.