naian101 0 Newbie Poster

good day folkz!

i'm really one of the newbies here and i badly need a help from you guyz.

i've been working on this system. it's a running one, yet, i was told there are some features need to be added and that's what i'm supposed to do. i'm still learning with the system though. problem is, i can't get a chance to edit/enhanced it for i can't locate it's connection from php to phpmyadmin. i'm using vertrigo server (version 2.20). i do have all the files but i can't get a headstart for i can't logged in in the first place. database has already been setup.. i've been tracing files for a week now (shame on me!:$ ) that are in "include" and "require" just to be able to find records that matches in the database so i can login and see the homepage.

login page is setup to index.php.. i took a look on the source code and found one include file - prepend.php - and found out that it has the phplib required just as shown below

require($_PHPLIB["libdir"] . "common.inc");
require($_PHPLIB["libdir"] . "constants.php");
require($_PHPLIB["libdir"] . "setup.inc");
require($_PHPLIB["libdir"] . "session.inc");
require($_PHPLIB["libdir"] . "auth.inc");
require($_PHPLIB["libdir"] . "perm.inc");
require($_PHPLIB["libdir"] . "db_mysql.inc");
require($_PHPLIB["libdir"] . "tr_rpts.inc");
require($_PHPLIB["libdir"] . "ct_split_mysql.inc");
require($_PHPLIB["libdir"] . "page.inc");
require($_PHPLIB["libdir"] . "template.inc");
require($_PHPLIB["libdir"] . "local.inc");

i've been looking on those files also, especially "db_mysql.inc", "ct_split_mysql.inc" and "local.inc" but still i dunno what to do. i dunno how to set it up to run in a certain database name.. i've been googling and all and it seems i'm doomed! :'( or maybe i'm just so stupid not to know this things. (i told u i'm a newbie.. frustrated php programmer, i guess....) just trying my luck here... please help..

i found out also that in the database, they include these tables:
active_sessions
active_sessions_split
auth_user_md5
dummySQL

i know in using php it's recommended to use a session but honestly, i dunno what are those tables for and why should it be included in the database tables..

HEEEEEEELP! :'(
thanks a much so much!

:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.