websurfer 0 Junior Poster in Training

Hello, I have a form that gets pre-populated from a url-get link that contains all url-variables that then get submitted into a database. That's all fine... but how can I make it so that when one submits it, the page closes itself? keep in mind this woulnt be a "popup" window, but most likely a "browser" window.

I tried to use the good-ol "close window" script, but I understand it only works if it's used on a popup, not a browser window. If that's the case, is there a way then, once this ur-link is sent, that it can be forced to open as a popup, instead of a browser window?? was thinking kind of like a redirect maybe?, where if the url is "http://www.site.com/page.php?var1=123&var2=abc, there may be some kind of javascript code in "page.php" that will make it open up as a popup?? or could the link itself have a javascript-appended to it to force it into a popoup?

or, as a final half-way option, is there a way to tell the browser, to open that specific "page.php" at a specific smaller-size,to make it look like a popup??

Thanks in advance!