If you are still having trouble consider using something like this...

http://www.wampserver.com/en/

I have installed everything separate before but it was pretty convenient to use this server package. Hope this helps.

-Brian

I specifically said in that post not to copy that file but to delete things in your file so it is left with what is shown in my file otherwise you will for sure have errors. So in other words you delete everything after the list of extensions including the list of extensions. But make sure you have a backup first.

Should have been clearer i didnt actually copy your .ini file I just used yours as more of a guideline. Since nothing seems to be working I will probably try uninstalling everything and using one of these wamp packages

also i just noticed something though not if it matters since i am new to apache as well. When i go to task manager there are 2 httpd.exe's running. Is this normal?

I think one handles HTTPS/SSL?

I think one handles HTTPS/SSL?

not sure exactly what they do but i looked online its normal

now I am extremely confused because when i trying using php cli parser on index.html(the file that was put there when i installed apache) i put phpinfo(with the correct php tags) in it and it works. Then i copied the entire code pasted into another file saved it as a .html file also and tried using the cli parser and it didnt work for that file

Check into WAMP. its an apache server with php installed. and also some other features. its really nice if you want something quick and easy to configure. you dont have to changin the ini file. it can do it within the WAMP console.

Check into WAMP. its an apache server with php installed. and also some other features. its really nice if you want something quick and easy to configure. you dont have to changin the ini file. it can do it within the WAMP console.

It finally works but i think this is all my fault. When saving the .php files i was saving as unicode text document instead of a text document which seems to have made the difference. I feel like an idiot for the problem being this simple

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.