Fungus1487 55 Posting Pro in Training

hello all,

i have been setting up reports to work with our intranet web application but after attempting to make the reports dynamic in the data they retrieve i have tried using a dataset and an xml file both return this error when i attempt to load the report document.

[LoadSaveReportException: Load report failed.]
   .F(String 	, EngineExceptionErrorID 
) +273
   .B(String , Int32 ) +64
   CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String reportName, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) +1158
   CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportClass.Load(String reportName, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) +511
   CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String reportName) +123
   CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.NonHTTPCachedReportSource.GetReport(RequestContext context, Boolean bAddToCacheWhenCreated) +292
   CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.LocalReportSourceBase.GetPage(PageRequestContext pageReqContext) +201
   CrystalDecisions.Web.ReportAgent.u(Boolean N) +148
   CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +77
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +161
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +161
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1360

my code for loading the document is simple and as follows

Dim rpt_report As ReportDocument
rpt_report = New ReportDocument
            rpt_report.Load("c:\inetpub\wwwroot\sam\TEMP\TESTING\REPORTS\CrystalReport2.rpt")

The file exists on the server and the strange thing is that if i set up a normal report where the report pulls the data via a connection it works fine. But using another method i.e. dataset or xml returns this error. always.

hope somebody can help me.