Hello everyone,
I am currently learning assembly language and I am using MASM 615 but I don't like the interface, can someone recommend me a good assembler. The assembler should make the same work as MASM 615 .

Which assembler is easy to use and have intellisense if possible. In other words which is the best assembler ?

Thanks for you answer.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Thanks for the answer.

Do you know one which have a nice user interface?

Hello everyone,
I am currently learning assembly language and I am using MASM 615 but I don't like the interface, can someone recommend me a good assembler. The assembler should make the same work as MASM 615 .

Which assembler is easy to use and have intellisense if possible. In other words which is the best assembler ?

Thanks for you answer.

It is HIGHLY recommended Microsoft Macro Assembler 8.

It works together with Visual C++ Express, a very nice IDE with intelisense. You can invoke and trace ASM functions from C++.

You can download Microsoft Macro Assembler 8.0 (MASM) Package (x86) from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7A1C9DA0-0510-44A2-B042-7EF370530C64&displaylang=en

Hope helps

Hello everyone,

Thanks for you answer.

A Macro 8 is a good assembler--if you can get Visual C++ 2005, which it needs as a prerequisite. Otherwise, you might look at www.masm32.com, which is "MASM32 SDK Version 10."

I prefer NASM to MASM, however if one is just learning, you cannot beat the libraries and examples is this SDK. I'll probably get flamed for this, but high-level assemblers like MASM always can be broken down to their elemental components--and the process of doing so can be very instructive. Once you get your feet wet with MASM, you then might take a try at NASM (which will make all the "purists" proud of you).

Good luck,

DT

Ok .. Thanks a lot dude, you are right , masm32 is real good. But I want to try the Macro 8, still searching for Visual C++ 2005, anyway, thanks a lot, you have been of great help.

Btw, do you know where I could download Visual C++ 2005 ? Will it work with Visual C++ 2008?

Thanks.

I tried Macro 8 with C++ 2008--it would not install. I would not find Viscual C++ 2005 anywhere.

If you find it, PLEASE post the location here for the rest of us!

(isn't it just like MS to post an assembler that won;t work with their latest C++ release? There must be some reason for this...)

DT

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.