hi below is my save function that is used to placed data from the C program to a text file for future usage.

void save()
{

FILE *save;
   int i = 0;
	save=fopen("employeerecord.txt", "a+");

do
	{
		if(strcmp(record[i].ID, "")!=0)
		{
			if(i!=0)
         fprintf(save, "\n");
			fprintf(save, "%s %s %s %s %s ", record[i].ID, record[i].Name, record[i].Name2, record[i].Department[storage], record[i].Post[rank]);

}
		else
		{
			break;
		}
		i++;
	}while(i<500);
	fclose(save);
}

There was no problem for me to save the first employee and the second but when adding the 3rd employee data, this is what appears in the text file :

1121 sonia cooling Management Maid 1121 sonia cooling Management Maid
1331 mustapha jamal Management Office_Boy 1121 sonia cooling Management Maid
1121 sonia cooling Management Maid
1331 mustapha jamal Management Office_Boy
1111 cheng kahhin Administration Chief_Executive_Officer

Sonia is the 1st employee I add, mustapha second and cheng the third. My data are ID firstname secondname department post and it seems the 1st and second loops before going to the third pls help if the problem is in the save function if not its in the add_function but I want to make sure if its the save function

You have too many global variables for me to guess accurately what the problem is, but my first suggestion would be to make sure that your strings are terminated with a null character ('\0').

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.