Hi,
I m Nagarjuna.I m doin my Masters in Computer Science at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. My thesis is on VANET security. I m doin a simulation using GloMoSim software. I want to broadcast messages/packets to all nodes(within the transmission range). As far as I ve understood the GloMoSim s/w, traffic generation must be specified in app.conf file. But all the traffic generators listed in the GloMoSim manual like CBR, HTTP, Telnet, FTP require the source and destination node address. Please tell me how to broadcast packets using GloMoSim.
Thanks,

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

as I know GloMoSim software does not have C/C like developing environment.

buddy you are in wrong place

Hi VatooVatoo,
If u know GloMoSim then plz tell me how do I make a node to broadcast a packet to all nodes in its range.
I couldnt find any forums for Network simulation(GloMoSim). Can u please tell me if there r any GloMoSim help forums?
Thanks for ur reply

Hi nagarjuna,,
This is naik from JNU< new delhi. infact the same thing i am working out now in glomosim,, od u have any solution/code at present on this issue.. plz share with me ..

thanks

Hi,
I m Nagarjuna.I m doin my Masters in Computer Science at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. My thesis is on VANET security. I m doin a simulation using GloMoSim software. I want to broadcast messages/packets to all nodes(within the transmission range). As far as I ve understood the GloMoSim s/w, traffic generation must be specified in app.conf file. But all the traffic generators listed in the GloMoSim manual like CBR, HTTP, Telnet, FTP require the source and destination node address. Please tell me how to broadcast packets using GloMoSim.
Thanks,

do u have any solution/code at present on this issue.. plz share with me ..

hi, NAIK.

did you try this?

Dear Sir,
i am working with GlomoSim. simulation work fine if i am using lower data rate 5 packet/sec. but as i increase date rate to 20 packet/sec, the followin error occurs:

glomosim: ../main/message.pc:332: Assertion `newMsg->payLoad != ((void *)0)' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.