Hi everyone , I'm learning C for couple of months and now I have a project in which I have to make the snake game in text enviroment !!
So please someone tell me how can I do that and what I need to learn ??
remember it just has to be in C not C++ and I dont know so much about this language because I'm new !
thanks alot guys :)

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Hi everyone , I'm learning C for couple of months and now I have a project in which I have to make the snake game in text enviroment !!
So please someone tell me how can I do that and what I need to learn ??

You need to design the game itself.
What are the inputs from the user?
What happens to these inputs (what do they do)?
How is your snake designed and what does it do?
What are the limits of the gameboard (if there is one)?
If there are moving 'things', how do they move and what happens at the gameboard limits?

yes sure waltp
but if he cant code the game himself, he should atleast be able to come up with an algorithm for it, so that he may be guided as to what functions suite his code,BUT NOT WRITE THE WHOLE THING FOR HIM

For this you need to have total knowledge of Graphics and pointers

yes sure waltp
but if he cant code the game himself, he should atleast be able to come up with an algorithm for it, so that he may be guided as to what functions suite his code,BUT NOT WRITE THE WHOLE THING FOR HIM

Yes ! You're right. I've had some researches in last week and I found out that I have to use sleep function and gotoxy to move my snake ( a bunch of chars ) in my text page !
do you have any idea how should I use them ??

For this you need to have total knowledge of Graphics and pointers

That's the thing !!! I have to use text page , I mean when you run your code in you IDE , the snake has to move in your Console ! and we have not learned Pointers yet !

Do you have:
a design of the game?
inputs from the user figured out?
your snake designed and what it does? and how?
a gameboard figured out?

After 3 weeks, I would guess the answer is no.
So far we've seen absolutely nothing from you in answer to any suggestions we've made.

Do you have:
a design of the game?
inputs from the user figured out?
your snake designed and what it does? and how?
a gameboard figured out?

After 3 weeks, I would guess the answer is no.
So far we've seen absolutely nothing from you in answer to any suggestions we've made.

Yeah the answer is NO , because I dont know what your suggestions are ? and please consider my weakness in english .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.