My contrive s neutral was to determine the hurrying of C compared to C++ (planning languages). I
intellection that C++ would be faster, because it was codified many newly.
Methods/Materials
I utilized two books for testimonial, Herb Schildt's C++: The Staring Write, and Instruct Yourself C++,
also by Schildt. I institute these the most utilizable books while I was teaching myself programing. I utilized
three compilers for the C language, and trey compilers for the C++ faculty. I also victimised a computer. I
wrote two programs (one that did science calculations, the other printed to the protect, both repeated the chore
100,000 present) in the two languages. I compiled the C++ programs in the C++ compilers, and compiled
the C programs in both the C compilers and the C++ compilers. I ran my programs ten present apiece, and
transcribed the period they took to run. I misused Microsoft Surpass to canvass my collection using averages, medians,
and graphs.
Results
The present varied with the incompatible compilers, but the most key grounds is the fact that the C
programs compiled in the C++ compilers, were faster than the C++ programs I compiled in the C++
program. On a really first tier, C is faster than C++.
Conclusions/Discussion
At the fundamental train, in it's acuminate, fundamental functions, C is faster than C++. C is faster at maths and publication, but
C++ has plentifulness of advantages. If you see at the actualized programs I wrote, the C++ cypher is a lot simpler.
There are a lot of soft things that I personally expect accomplish the technologist's animation easier. There are also a
lot of bigger, much complicated things like classes, which can greatly simplify a epic idea. They
didn't affect these programs, but in a echt cure or mettlesome, these features could make writing the
idea more easier. I guess that when C was upgraded to C++, rate wasn't the only kindness.
Solon essential were country and easiness of use.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

If your interested in the makings of C++ code the may I recommend a book by Stanley Lippman - Inside The C++ Object Model. Its a great read and addresses many your questions.

Automated language translators suck ass. No offense, but if your English is so weak that you must rely on one, it would be better to find a forum in your native language.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.