I have a C-code written in turbo C. I want to make a standard exe file that can easily run on any other PC as well which doesn't have TC installed.
I have to provide my client simply an exe file which continuously monitors the serial com port for some purpose.

Your suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

And your problem is?

The .exe file doesn't executes effectively in other computers which doesn't have TC installed, although it works fine graphically in my PC and it's because i've TC installed.

Keeping it short and simple "Is there any way to embedded the standard obj and lib files into the the exe file so that it can independently run on any computer which doesn't have a TC installed"

Regards

The .exe file doesn't executes effectively in other computers which doesn't have TC installed, although it works fine graphically in my PC and it's because i've TC installed.

Keeping it short and simple "Is there any way to embedded the standard obj and lib files into the the exe file so that it can independently run on any computer which doesn't have a TC installed"

Regards

You might be able to statically link them into one big exe. It really depends on TC's compiler and the libraries available.

Since i am not much into c programming, i write assembler codes and it is just a requirement which is as well urgent, can you please explain me the procedure involved, so that my exe file works on other computers also.

This seems relevant.

Thanks for the information,

Furthermore, if i get them in my code will my code be able to run on any machine as it runs on my machine.

Sincerely waitin for a quick respond from your side.

In the meantime, i am gonna try this tick.

Regards

There is no such thing as an EXE that will run under all machines. Turbo C makes DOS programs. DOS compatibility has been whittling away on Windows (and for good reason). There is no guarantee that your program will work perfectly under any operating system newer than Windows 98, unless you want to force the user to run your program through a virtual machine like DOSBox.

For one thing, DOS apps cant run in fulscreen in 64-bit windows 7.

Thanks for the support.

I have this problem solved.
Regards,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.