WHAT SHOULD WE LEARN OTHER THAN C LANGUAGE TO DO PROJECTS IN C..??PLEASE HELP...

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Do you mean which compilers you should use? Of course before you can write a program you have to know something about what the program is to do. For example you can't write a program to fly a ship from Earth to the moon without knowing something about astronomy. You can't write a program that does financial calculations without knowing something about business and/or accounting.

How to figure out logical solutions to problems would be a good start.

Let the situation be such that I have written the code for project but I dont know how to represent it as a complete project or as a software..My question is that what is all I need to know to bring up a code form to a software form..

The first thing we need to know is what operating system you are running under. For now, I'll assume some version of Windows, probably XP but that's just a guess (edit: your profile says Windows 7. Knowing that makes the rest of this easier.)

The next thing we need to know is, do you have a compiler already, and if so, which one? If you don't have one already, there are a number of free compilers available, with Visual C++ Express and the MinGW port of GCC being the most notable. Pelles C is an excellent choice if you intend to use C rather than C++, and like VC++, it comes with it's own integrated development environment (IDE).

Finally, we'll need to know what editor or IDE you are using. Each development environment has its own peculiarities, and we'd ned to know what you are using to give helpful advice. Again, if you don't have a programmer's editor or an IDE, there are some good ones available for free; Visual C++ Express comes with one, while Code::Blocks is a good one which will work with multiple compilers. I recommend installing Pelles C is IMHO a little easier for newbies to use than VC++ Express.

One last thing,do we need to learn any other subjects to develop a software other than just the programming language..??

One last thing,do we need to learn any other subjects to develop a software other than just the programming language..??

Yes, you need to learn general programming theory and problem solving. The rules of the language are easy to learn, putting them together into a functional, robust, and useful piece of software is much more difficult.

try database in c

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.