how to complile and execute a c pro in editplus

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Read the manual.

>how to complile and execute a c pro in editplus

Editplus is a full featured text editor. Only to produce the source code. You need to use a compiler after writing the source code. Integrated development environment (IDE) is what you are looking for, if you don't want to do the work separately. Here's a link with some suggestions.

>how to complile and execute a c pro in editplus

Editplus is a full featured text editor. Only to produce the source code.

Although it's just an editor, it would be supporting configuring user tools (I use Textpad which does). Also it's easy to suggest a new IDE but ask those who are in love with their editors and won't give it up till their last breath. :) Definitely not for a reason like this !

pavani2006 -- Search for plug-ins for Editplus. You'll need a compiler though none the less. There is a sticky thread in C/C++ forum that has links to free compilers.

U can do it by following the below steps.
1.In the Menubar , Go to Tools and Select User Configuration Tools
2.A new window pops up.In that click Group name button.
3.Give a name to the commands set u wanted and click OK button.
4.And then click Add tool button, which shows 4 options in that select program.
5.Fill with the following values for compilation tool
Menu Text : Compile
Command : C compiler command which is used to compile C programs in ur PC(I use bcc32 in my PC)
Arguemt : Click the down arrow button that present beside the arguemnt field.In the options it shows select File Path.
6.Then click apply button at theb bottom.
7.Click Add tool
8.Fill with the following values for compilation tool
Menu Text : Execute
Command : $(FileNameNoExt).exe
Arguemt :
9.Then click Apply and then Ok.
10. Goto Tools menubar and click on User Tools Group
11.Select the group you created previously.
12. Now you can see the tools Compile and Execute at the end of the Tools menu bar.

Although it's just an editor, it would be supporting configuring user tools (I use Textpad which does). Also it's easy to suggest a new IDE but ask those who are in love with their editors and won't give it up till their last breath. :) Definitely not for a reason like this !

pavani2006 -- Search for plug-ins for Editplus. You'll need a compiler though none the less. There is a sticky thread in C/C++ forum that has links to free compilers.

commented: good one +19

hey hi all thx for the hlep

i was able to compile the code
the way it was said
but when i tried to execute it
an error message prompt up
can ya tell me the exact way to
setup for execute ...
plz plz
can i find it for java also
i am having trouble for java
says file cannot read

i use tc ?

Yes vim has these features as well, it is indeed better to use programmers editor instead of ide. If you have makefile, why do you then need all these additional files which IDE makes, like project file, and that's often even not the only one. And all these additional features potentially restrict you, especially in more complicated projects, or at least make things unnecessarily complicated. Vim is good in that it is the most widespread, and you can expect that it is always available, at least in linux, and it is a good editor as well. As much as i know, editplus is a commercial editor. A graphical version of vim really is almost not any different in use as any other text editor, but if really some special features of vim seem to be too unusual for someone, then better use some other open source programmers editor, like scite, why to use a commercial one. But to say honestly, i even don't see a need for the editor's IDE feautures, as in linux i can keep two terminals open, i compile in one, and edit in another, mostly though with vim. When first testing the program, often even the makefile is not necessary, though later it may be convenient for more complicated things, and to have a record of the way how you compiled, it may even not provide much more than the compiler command line.

i did all 12 steps shown by venuaccha but it wont compile

i did all 12 steps shown by venuaccha but it wont compile

This is a dead old thread.. create a new one with your problem.
Also note that if your question is like "it doesn't work" the answer would be "make it work".
Give some more details of what the problem is.

i did all 12 steps shown by venuaccha but it wont compile......can u say why its not compiling?

commented: Please read the dates. The person you're asking hasn't been here in a year. -3

i did all the steps mentioned above....bt itz giving a error that "stdio.h cant be recognised".bt al d headers are there in include folder..what to do?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.