Write a c program that inputs the names of the 5 students and their marks in 5 course units. the program must calculate the average for each student. If the average of the students's marks is less than 50, then your program should print against the student the string"Sorry try next year".Your progrma should also print out the student's names and average mark in descending order startisng with the student with best marks up to the one with least marks.

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread97328.html

Atleast show your code (efforts) & specify where you are stuck up. You are expecting that someone will write the entire code for you. You've not even specified what your specific problem is about.

Write a c program that inputs the names of the 5 students and their marks in 5 course units. the program must calculate the average for each student. If the average of the students's marks is less than 50, then your program should print against the student the string"Sorry try next year".Your progrma should also print out the student's names and average mark in descending order startisng with the student with best marks up to the one with least marks.

Stop posting mere problem statements of programs.

the one of finding the word that appears most, i have no idea on how to go about it,
and I have submitted a template of what i have done on the one, enetering values and printing the names in the nnedded order

>>i have no idea on how to go about it,
start here. Now fill in the function shown below with your program requirements. Do only one little part at a time, compile and correct all errors. Then do a little more and repeat until all requirements have been fulfilled.

Example Write a c program that inputs the names of the 5 students . That tells you that you need to create an array of strings that will hold 5 student names. Do just that much and then compile.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main()
{
    // your code goes here

return 0;
}

why dont you help me on modifying the program, i have enterd the values and also computed the average, so how do go abour the rest

well, I can't read your mind -- where is your code ?

let send it to you

#include <stdio.h>
int N;
float array[3];

//declaration of structure
struct marks{
  char first_name[20];
  char second_name[20];
  float CSC_2100;
  float CSC_2101;
  float CSC_2102;
  float CSC_2103;
  float CSC_2104;
  };
struct marks student[5];
 // code to compute average
float find_average( float a, float b,float c,float d,float e){
	float average =  ((a+b+c+d+e)/5);
	return average;
	}
// to sort the average marks in descending order
void bubblesort(float a[], int N)
{
 int i, swapped = 1;
	 while(swapped)
	  for (swapped = 0, i = 1; i<N; i++)
		  if (a[i] > a[i-1]) {
			  int t = a[i-1];
			  a[i-1]=a[i];
			  a[i]=t;
      }
}

int i;
main()
{
  printf("Enter marks for five students:\n\n");
  printf("Enter your marks as floats:");
  for (i = 0;i < 3; i++){
  printf("\n\n");
  printf("Enter your First name:");
  scanf("%s",&student[i].first_name);
  printf("Enter your Second Name:");
  scanf("%s",&student[i].second_name);
  printf("Enter marks for CSC 2100:");
  scanf("%f",&student[i].CSC_2100);
  printf("Enter marks for CSC 2101:");
  scanf("%f",&student[i].CSC_2101);
  printf("Enter marks for CSC 2102:");
  scanf("%f",&student[i].CSC_2102);
  printf("Enter marks for CSC 2103:");
  scanf("%f",&student[i].CSC_2103);
  printf("Enter marks for CSC 2104:");
  scanf("%f",&student[i].CSC_2104);

}
  for (i =0; i<3; i++){
	 printf("\n\n");
	 printf("Name :\t%s %s",student[i].second_name,student[i].first_name);
	 printf("\nAverage:  %.2f\t",find_average(student[i].CSC_2100,student[i].CSC_2101,student[i].CSC_2102,student[i].CSC_2103,student[i].CSC_2104));
	 printf("\nRemark:\t");
	  }
	  for (i = 0; i<3;i++)
	  array[i]= find_average(student[i].CSC_2100,student[i].CSC_2101,student[i].CSC_2102,student[i].CSC_2103,student[i].CSC_2104);
	  for (i = 0; i<3;i++)

bubblesort(array, N);
  printf("\n");
  for (i =0; i < 3; i++){
	printf("%.2f\t",array[i]);
	 if (array[i]<50)
	printf("Sorry try next year");
  else
	printf("congratulations, you passed!");
  printf("\n");
	  }
  return 0;
  }
commented: this is not your work -4

Proper formatting please...

okay, am trying to learn that right now. so hold on for a while

OMG! my comments here apply. I have no intention of trying to help you any more, you are now on my ignore list unless you at least post something that YOU have done.

Hi, i just want you to help me with printing the names , the remarks and the average in descending order

Jesus just give the people what they want write the fucken code for them, or better yet since the douchebags on this forum don't want to give the answer go to cramster where they will write the code for you

Jesus just give the people what they want write the fucken code for them, or better yet since the douchebags on this forum don't want to give the answer go to cramster where they will write the code for you

Oh that's a great way to teach people how to program. I suppose if you every get a job you will expect eveyone else you work with to do your work for you so that you can sit on your ass and play with yourself.

Oh that's a great way to teach people how to program. I suppose if you every get a job you will expect eveyone else you work with to do your work for you so that you can sit on your ass and play with yourself.

And he had to resurrect a 3-year old post to get PO'd at. He could have found a few newer ones methinks...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.