Hi, im new at computer programming and i need help to do the following algorithm. The algorithm must be in both pseudocode and flowchart. Please help. Thanks!

 Calculate the weekly salary of employees for a given number of hours each employee worked for the week.
 The NAME and HOURS worked for each employee is entered by the user and the salary for that employee is printed before the next employee is processed.
 For the first 40 hours of work, the employee is paid $20.00 per hour. For any additional hours of work above 40, the employee is paid $30.00 per hour.
 The process is repeated until an employee’s name “END” is entered at which point the program terminates.

Hi, im new at computer programming and i need help to do the following algorithm. The algorithm must be in both pseudocode and flowchart. Please help. Thanks!

 Calculate the weekly salary of employees for a given number of hours each employee worked for the week.
 The NAME and HOURS worked for each employee is entered by the user and the salary for that employee is printed before the next employee is processed.
 For the first 40 hours of work, the employee is paid $20.00 per hour. For any additional hours of work above 40, the employee is paid $30.00 per hour.
 The process is repeated until an employee’s name “END” is entered at which point the program terminates.

First prompt user for name, then ask for hours worked. Then do the calculation. If hours_worked is less than 40 hours, calculate hours multiplied by 20. If hours_worked is more than 40 hours, calculate hours worked minus 40, and put that into overtime_hours. overtime hours multiplied by 30, 40 hours multiplied by 20, add the two together. Then print the name and the salary (total pay), move on to next employee.

You can do this with OOD (object oriented design) or just put it in a simple loop that keeps going until end is entered. i.e. While name != END, keep asking for input. If you haven't covered OOD yet, just do the loop, and you'll learn about OOD later.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.