I have just started a basic class in programming and I am totally lost. Can someone help me out? I have to write pseudo codes and create flowcharts and don't have a clue. I need help.
Create flowcharts and pseudo-code for the following problems:

Question 1

The following schedule is used to determine the required deposit for approved loan applications:
Loan Amount ($) Deposit
Less than $35,000 5% of loan value
$35,000 - $59,999 $1,250 + 10% of loan amount
$60,000 – 110,000 $5,000 + 25% of loan amount over $60,000

Loans in excess of $110,000 are not allowed.

Write a program, using pseudocode, which will process the application for 50 applicants. The program should first determine whether the loan is approved and then determine the required deposit if the loan has been approved. The output should be the applicant’s name, the loan amount and the required deposit or an appropriate message if the loan has been denied.

Question 2

1. Write an algorithm using pseudocode that reads the student name and marks for 5 different courses of students in a school. (Note: - The number of students is not known in advance). Finally output the following statistics.

• the overall average score of each student
• The competency of each student. Competency is calculated as follows: -

% Competency Level
100 – 80 3
79 – 50 2
Below 50 1

• the number of persons who had an overall score of 60%.
• the number of persons who have an overall failing average.(Note:- Students will fail if their average score is less than 40%)

Question 3

2. You are given an array with 10 elements. Design algorithms using pseudocode, to solve the following.
a. Find and print the sum of all POSITIVE numbers in the array.
b. Find and print the total number of occurrences of the number “3” and number “5” in the array.
c. Find the largest number in the array.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

So, nice assignment. Now go ahead and do it. We're NOT your homework service.

Welcome to daniweb and let me be the first to say do your own homework as it is called homework and not daniwebwork. The solution is fairly straight forward if your familiar with the language your using. I would suggest take a crack at it and if all fails then post a topic with your current progress asking for hints/clues and not the answer. A good programmer can easily work off hints and clues like I do every day. But if this is php or c++ then I may be able to help you a little but until you show reasonable effort there is not much we can do.

Welcome to daniweb and let me be the first to say do your own homework as it is called homework and not daniwebwork. The solution is fairly straight forward if your familiar with the language your using. I would suggest take a crack at it and if all fails then post a topic with your current progress asking for hints/clues and not the answer. A good programmer can easily work off hints and clues like I do every day. But if this is php or c++ then I may be able to help you a little but until you show reasonable effort there is not much we can do.

Thankx bro.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.